Women in Content Marketing Awards 2022
Recognizing Top Women in Content Marketing
Please visit our new website, wicmas.com, for new and current info on the Women in Content Marketing Awards!
What are the Women in Content Marketing Awards (WICMAs)?
Women bring incredible ingenuity, creativity, and leadership to the ever-evolving practice of content marketing, and their work provides the fuel that propels the industry forward. Yet despite their considerable contributions, many women aren’t recognized for what they’ve accomplished — and how they’ve powerfully and positively influenced others in the space.
The Women in Content Marketing Awards were created to recognize the outstanding work of inspiring and accomplished innovators, spotlighting specific achievements made by women and ways that these marketers have positively impacted others — colleagues, clients, and the industry as a whole — through their leadership.
The Women in Content Marketing Awards are presented by Masthead Media, a full-service content marketing company founded and led by women, in partnership with the Content Marketing Institute.
How These Awards Are Different
Traditional marketing awards tend to focus exclusively on the strength of the winner’s portfolio — not the overall contributions the candidate has made to her industry.
When reviewing nominations, WICMA judges take the following skills and attributes into consideration:
- Creative and professional achievements
- Innovative approaching and thinking
- Leadership and mentorship
- Community involvement and impact
- Time spent acquiring experience (for Rising Star and Pivot Award candidates)
The Women in Content Marketing Awards are judged by an esteemed panel of content marketing industry leaders. These women bring together expertise from across major disciplines, including content marketing strategy and execution, social media management, search engine optimization, and account management. They work at brands, agencies, social platforms, in-house content studios, and publishers, and represent many of the areas where our nominees are making a difference.
Meet last year’s judges and learn more about their backgrounds.
- Content Marketer of the Year Award This award recognizes exceptional content marketing contributions made by the nominee. This can include work she has developed for a brand or organization, ways in which the nominee has used her voice to inspire and lead others in the industry, or examples of how she has risen above adversity. The nominee has five or more years of experience in content marketing.
- Marketing Leader of the Year Award This award recognizes an executive-level woman who has made content marketing a priority at her brand or organization.
- Pivot Award This award recognizes a nominee who has made a shift from a different career field into content marketing — and is already forging a path to greatness. She has fewer than five years of experience in content marketing.
- Rising Star Award This award recognizes an up-and-coming content marketer who has demonstrated exceptional work/talent. She has fewer than five years of experience in content marketing.
- Freelance Excellence Award This award recognizes a freelance content marketer (writer, designer, strategist, etc.) who has created outstanding work for a campaign on behalf of a brand or organization.
How to Nominate Yourself or Others
The nomination period for the 2022 Women in Content Marketing Awards will open on April 25!
The 2022 Women in Content Marketing Awards Nomination period has closed. Stay tuned for our finalists and winners!
Who Hosts the WICMAs?
The Women in Content Marketing Awards were launched in 2018 by Masthead Media. They are presented today in partnership with the Content Marketing Institute, a leading global content marketing education, and training organization.
Masthead Media is a women-founded and led content marketing company that aligns emerging and iconic brands with the industry’s top creative strategists, editorial storytellers, brand marketers, and data specialists. We develop and manage exceptional, results-driven multimedia content programs that speak directly to the topics and ideas that audiences care most about.
Masthead Media specializes in end-to-end management of the content process. We offer a customized suite of services that includes content program setup and management, multimedia content strategy and creation, SEO and live content optimization, influencer and thought leadership programming, analytics insights reporting, and content trend forecasting.
What is WICMA Connect?
WICMA Connect is the networking arm of the Women in Content Marketing Awards. The main event, held each fall, provides opportunities for marketers at all levels to meet and network with one another. For more information on WICMA Connect, including the schedule and how to register, visit this page.
To learn more about the Women in Content Marketing Awards, including press, sponsorship, or partnership opportunities, please contact us.