Women in Content Marketing Awards 2021
Recognizing Top Women in Content Marketing
What are the Women in Content Marketing Awards (WICMA)?
Women bring incredible ingenuity, creativity, and leadership to the ever-evolving practice of content marketing, and their work provides the fuel that propels the industry forward. Yet despite their considerable contributions, many women aren’t recognized for what they’ve accomplished — and how they’ve powerfully and positively influenced others in the space.
The Women in Content Marketing Awards was created to recognize the outstanding work of inspiring and accomplished innovators, spotlighting specific achievements made by women and ways that these marketers have positively impacted others — colleagues, clients, and the industry as a whole — through their leadership.
How These Awards Are Different
Traditional marketing awards tend to focus exclusively on the strength of the winner’s portfolio — not the overall contributions the candidate has made to her industry.
WICMA considers the following elements when judging the awards:
- Creative and professional achievements
- Innovative approaching and thinking
- Leadership and mentorship
- Community involvement and impact
- Time spent acquiring experience (for Rising Star candidates)
The Women in Content Marketing Awards are judged by an esteemed panel of content marketing industry leaders. These women bring together expertise from across major disciplines, including content marketing strategy and execution, social media management, search engine optimization, and account management. They work at brands, agencies, social platforms, in-house content studios, and publishers, and represent many of the areas where our nominees are making a difference.
Meet last year’s judges and learn more about their backgrounds.
WICMA Award Categories
- Content Marketer of the Year Award This award recognizes exceptional content marketing contributions made by the nominee. This can include work she has developed for a brand or organization, ways in which the nominee has used her voice to inspire and lead others in the industry, or to rise above adversity. The nominee has five or more years of experience in content marketing.
- Pivot Award This award recognizes a nominee who has made a shift from a different career field into content marketing — and is already forging a path to greatness. She has fewer than five years of experience in content marketing.
- Rising Star Award This award recognizes an up-and-coming content marketer who has demonstrated exceptional work/talent. She has fewer than five years of experience in content marketing.
- Freelance Excellence Award This award recognizes a freelance content marketer (writer, designer, strategist, etc) who has created outstanding work for a campaign on behalf of a brand or organization.
- Marketing Leader of the Year Award This award recognizes an executive-level woman who has made content marketing a priority at her brand or organization.
How to Nominate Yourself or Others
Nominations for the Women in Content Marketing Awards are now open! Nominate yourself or others through this form. The deadline to apply is July 26, 2021.
Who Hosts WICMA?
The Women in Content Marketing Awards were launched in 2018 by Masthead Media. It is presented today in partnership with the Content Marketing Institute, a leading global content marketing education, and training organization.
Masthead Media is a women-founded and led content marketing company that aligns emerging and iconic brands with the industry’s top creative strategists, editorial storytellers, brand marketers, and data specialists. We develop and manage exceptional, results-driven multimedia content programs that speak directly to the topics and ideas that audiences care most about.
Masthead Media specializes in end-to-end management of the content process. We offer a customized suite of services that includes content program setup and management, multimedia content strategy and creation, SEO and live content optimization, influencer and thought leadership programming, analytics insights reporting, and content trend forecasting.
What is WICMA Connect
WICMA Connect is the virtual networking arm of the Women in Content Marketing Awards. There are two main events held online each year, in late spring and fall, which provide opportunities for marketers at all levels, in every location, to meet and network with one another. For more information on WICMA Connect, including the schedule and how to register, visit this page.
To learn more about the Women in Content Marketing Awards, including press, sponsorship, or partnership opportunities, please contact us.